Saxon Math Courses 1, 2, and 3
for grades 6, 7, and 8
Help students master the grade-level standards by
- Giving students time to learn and practice skills throughout the year
- Developing higher-order thinking
- Helping students to become more confident problem solvers
- Focusing directly on math and eliminating distracters
- Integrating manipulatives for hands-on learning experiences
Adaptations for Saxon Math for Grades 6–8
Complete and parallel support for special education students
- Adapted lessons give students with learning difficulties the help they need
- Supports integration into mainstream classroom activities
- It can be integrated into inclusion classrooms, pullout programs, or self-contained resource classrooms
Stephen Hake, Author of Saxon Math Intermediate 3-5 and Courses 1-3
When I read the published field-test results of John Saxon's Algebra 1 manuscript and learned that John Saxon taught students with the same methods I did, I placed an order and began using John's book with my eighth grade students with great success. Recognizing the country's need for an effective math program from grade school through high school, we joined our efforts and soon Saxon Math was helping millions of students across America succeed in math. Students can learn math and are advanced through the subject matter in a way that gently guides them step by step and provides the time and practice necessary to learn and remember the foundational concepts of mathematics.
Saxon Math is written the way I taught–one bit of instruction each day with plenty of practice on previous instruction. The excellent performance of my students on problem-solving contests and on standardized tests convinced me that this method of instruction works. It produces excellent problem-solving skills and long-term learning of key math concepts.